Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Pune
What is Hernia?
A hernia is defined as an abnormal protrusion of a tissue or an organ, most generally the bowel through the wall of the body cavity in which it resides. Hernias are formed by an opening in the fibrous tissue which produces the abdominal wall i.e the fascia. As hernias lead a potential risk of getting strangulated and having their blood supply cut off, it is very much required to visit Dr. Sudhir Jadhav for Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Pune, for diagnose and quick treatment if needed.
Symptoms of Hernia
- Most hernias form in the Abdominal cavity usually when any weakness in the Abdominal wall develops into a hole called “defect” through which fat or organs included with peritoneum may protrude.
- Sciatica is caused due to a common hernia involving the spinal discs.
- A hiatus hernia happens if the stomach protrudes into the mediastinum via the oesophagal opening in the diaphragm.
- Hernias might or might not occur with pain at the sight or a visible palpable lump.
- Sometimes more vague symptoms may arise resulting from pressure on an organ stuck in a hernia.
- Organ dysfunction might also occur from this.
- It is normally adipose tissue that enters a hernia first but an organ might enter it too later.
- Bulges incorporated with hernias might come and go, however, the defect in the tissue will remain.
Types of Hernia
Based on the area in which they appear, hernias are classified as follows:
- Direct and indirect inguinal
Laparoscopy is also known as Diagnostic Laparoscopy. Laparoscopy is a diagnostic system which is employed to check internal organs individually those inside the abdomen. It is a very low risk and is also one of the least invasive methods and requires small incisions.
In Laparoscopy an instrument called a Laparoscope is used to inspect the abdominal organs. The Laparoscope is an Elongated thin tube with high-intensity radiation and an Effective camera at its front.
This device is entered into the abdomen through a tiny incision in the Abdominal wall. The Surgeon then moves it and the camera gives the pictures to a monitor.
- This permits your surgeon to see the inside of your body in real time without any open surgery.
- Laparoscopy is normally used to diagnose the source of pain in the Abdomen or pelvic pain when the Non-invasive techniques have failed to help with the help of Diagnosis.
- The Surgery has a tiny risk of causing bleeding and infection but this is very rare.
- Itis commonly an outpatient procedure which means that you will be able to return home on the same day as the surgery is completed.
- General Anaesthesia is normally used for this method which means you will sleep through it and will not feel any pain.
- During the procedure, your surgeon will create the small incision below your belly button and enter a cannula which is a small tube, following this, your abdomen will be inflated using carbon dioxide gas which will allow your surgeon to inspect your abdominal organs more clearly.
- The surgeon then inserts the laparoscope via the incision and can observe real-time pictures of your organs on a screen.
- The Amount and size of incisions depend upon which appropriate disease your doctor is attempting to confirm or rule out.
- Usually, the patient will get about 1 to 4 incisions between one and two centimetres in length.
- Once the procedure is over, the devices are removed and the incisions are then closed with stitches or surgical tape. The incisions might also be covered by Bandages.
In the Past Laparoscopic surgery was used for gynecologic and gallbladder surgery, however, these minimally invasive techniques have now been applied to intestinal surgery and you can take advantage of Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment in Pune by making an appointment with Dr. Sudhir Jadhav. He is a Pre-Eminent Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon in Pune.
The Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery are
- Reduced Pain
- A much shorter time period of recovery.
- Decreased Scaring due to the Surgical Procedure.
A laparoscopy is thus an amazing tool for doing complex surgery without giving large scars and often permits you to go home without problem on the same day as the surgery. Dr. Sudhir Jadhav is a leading Bariatric Surgeon & Provides Laparoscopic Hernia treatment in Pune at Sahyadri Super Speciality Hospital and Jahangir Hospital in Pune.